ALBANY -- Tied 0-0 in the top of the seventh inning Thursday night, the Cook High Hornets got a bases loaded triple from Will Wright to take a 3-0 lead over the Albany High Indians.
Starting pitcher Blake Mainor made that lead hold up as he completed his shut out in the bottom of the frame to take a 3-0 Region 1-AA baseball victory.
Mainor struck out seven, walked two and gave up one hit in his win.
Justin Ray led the Hornets at the plate, gonig 3-for-3. Tye Goff was 2-for-4, while Wright had his big triple in the seventh.
Cook (4-3, 1-0) will be back in action Tuesday at home against region foe Thomasville. The game will begin at 6 p.m.
This Week's Circulars
- UPDATE: Tifton man charged with murder in death of 9-year-old girl
- Run game shut down, but Lee County takes win
- Trump Bus visits Tifton Mall
- TPD kicks off Lock it or Lose it campaign
- Lady Devils secure 3rd place
- Lowndes enters football quarantine
- Tifton’s Sumner invited to 2021 All-America tournament
- Tift OKs county buildings mask mandate
- Offense, defense set records against Worth
- City hosts tire recycling event
ALMA [mdash]William Dennis Cromer, age 71, of Alma passed away suddenly on Sunday, October 18, 2020 at the Bacon County Hospital. He was born in Tifton, Georgia on April 20, 1949 to James Presley Cromer and Margaret LeSeur Cromer. Besides his parents he was preceded in death by two brothers,…