DONALSONVILLE -- Dontavious Smith hauled in three touchdown passes to lead the Turner County Rebels to a 33-7 win over the Seminole County Indians in Region 1-A action here Friday night. It was the Rebels' first win since a season-opening victory over Wilcox County.
Mikel Soliday connected with Smith on touchdown passes of 26 and 33 yards. Russell Coker found Smith for a 41-yard scoring strike. Coker also found Shawn Jackson for a 13-yard touchdown pass.
Soliday finished the night completing seven passes for 129 yards. Coker completed four passes for 73 yards.
Turner running back Chad Walker rushed for 95 yards on 16 carries and scored one touchdown.
The Rebels (2-3, 1-0) return home Friday to host the Lanier County Bulldogs.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Ewing house named Beauty Spot
- SEAGLE: Ornamental grasses add color, form in curb appeal
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Gov. Kemp touts cotton, election law
- Tift reports one virus death
- Tift reports one virus case
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
REDDING [mdash] Charles Emory Parrish, age 79, passed away peacefully on October 1, 2020 with his daughter by his side. He was born in Florida and grew up in Tifton, Georgia to Lois and Tom Parrish. He joined the Navy in 1964. During his service he earned four medals and was deployed to Viet…