PLANO, Texas -- The Abraham Baldwin College Stallions tennis team is currently in second place with 35 points after the second day of play in the National Junior College Athletic Association tournament. The Stallions trail Tyler (Tx.) by one point as players head into the semifinals round today.
Of the nine matches played, the Stallions came away with eight winners. Number three singles player Gerhard Posch suffered the lone setback as he fell to a player from Barton (Kan.) Junior College.
However, Posch and teammate Kotaro Noguchi advanced to the semis at number two doubles long with the number one team of German Dalmagro and Gaston Verna and the number three team of Harry Hahn and Jacobo Uribe.
According to head coach Alan Kramer, Georgia Perimeter is the third place team.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tift school board upgrades facilities
- South Georgia Banking promotes staff
- Tift Athletic Hall of Fame inducts Class of 2020 in ceremony
- Tift teams take region doubleheader from Camden County
- Tift completes weekend basketball sweep
- Tift teen killed in accident
- Mary O's restaurant honors namesake
- City OKs alcohol amendments
- BOOKS: Killer, Come Back to Me: Ray Bradbury
- Tift County Food Scores
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.