MARIANNA, Fla. -- Behind a great performance from Chris Brown, the Abraham Baldwin Stallions closed out the Chipola Basketball Classic with a 91-71 win over Jefferson Davis Community College Saturday.
Brown, a sophomore from Colquitt, had 12 points, 11 rebounds and 13 blocked shots in the victory.
"That's phenomenal numbers. He was everywhere tonight for us," said ABAC coach Todd Sheppard.
Brown was one of five Stallions in double figures. John Beugnot scored 12, while Erick Fisher, Nick Brabham and Rafael Burford each added 10 apiece.
"We were up by 17 at the half and just continued to play well. I was very pleased," said Sheppard.
The Stallions are now 9-3 on the year. That equals ABAC's win total of last season.
"That was one of our goals to have just as many wins before Dec. 1 as the team had all of last season. I was glad we were able to do that," said Sheppard.
ABAC will be back in action Dec. 3 at home against Hiwassee.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Man found dead on interstate in Tift
- 'Bandit' to film in Tifton, looking for extras
- Look, Up in the Sky: Reviewing South Georgia's UFO sightings
- Tift County selects Greg Williams to lead Blue Devil baseball
- Downtown Rocks: Activities return to Downtown Tifton
- Juneteenth celebrations in Tifton
- Pair of Blue Devils earn Bert Jones scholarships
- Food Lion hosts S.Ga. hiring event
- High-speed chase ends in Tifton
- Marlowe makes Mariners' top 30 prospect list