TAMPA, Fla. -- Playing in separate games in the state of Florida Saturday, the Abraham Baldwin Stallions and Fillies had similar results.
Coach Julie Conner's Fillies were defeated here by Hillsborough Community College, 79-66, while coach Todd Sheppard's Stallions were defeated in Marianna by Pensacola Junior College, 74-65.
Leading the Fillies in scoring were Kelly McMullen with 19 points and eight rebounds; Brynne Callaway with 14 points and 14 rebounds; and Jaquetta Cole with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Tamara Peterson also added seven points, five assists and three steals.
"We are at 7-6 now. I just hope us getting back home will help our play," Conner said.
Ahmad Farley and Warren Beaulah had 12 points apiece to lead the Stallions against Pensacola. Former Cook High Hornet Michael Sapp added a career-high 11 for the Stallions.
"We had a poor shooting performance again. We were only 21-for-64 with our 2's and that is only 33 percent. We were 7-for-19 from the three-point line and that is good. But, we need to make our shots up close. If we make those today, we score 85 points," Sheppard said.
He added about his 8-3 team, "We just have to continue to improve and work hard."
ABAC will be back home Wednesday for a doubleheader. The Fillies will face Southern Union at 5:30 p.m. At 7:30 p.m., the Stallions will face Chattahoochee Valley.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Ewing house named Beauty Spot
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Another region tennis title for Berrien
- Blue Devils announce 2021 football schedule
- Tift reports one virus death
- Resurfacing project set for 2nd Street
- Tift reports one COVID-19 case this weekend
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.