AMERICUS -- Playing against the top team in Region XVII Saturday night, the Abraham Baldwin Stallions fell 71-62 to the South Georgia Tech Jets.
"They are a good team. That puts them at 5-1 in the conference," ABAC coach Todd Sheppard said of the Jets.
Willie Mills was 5-of-6 from behind the three-point line to lead ABAC with 15 points. Byron Conaway added 13 points and eight rebounds and John Beugnot put up 10 points and eight rebounds.
ABAC (14-8, 3-3 in the league) will be at home 7:30 p.m. Wednesday night against Coastal Georgia.
"That is a huge game against Coastal. I just hope we can have the kind of support that we did last Wednesday against Middle Georgia," Sheppard said.
In the other game Saturday, the ABAC Fillies fell 64-59 to the Lady Jets of South Georgia Tech.
"We didn't deserve to win the game. We didn't play well at all," Fillie coach Julie Conner said.
Tamara Peterson led ABAC with 17 points and seven rebounds.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- COVID-19 cases still on the rise statewide
- Gov. Kemp touts cotton, election law
- First honorary street name change filed
- County to review road grant, more at meeting
- Tift virus numbers unchanged Wednesday
- SEAGLE: Ornamental grasses add color, form in curb appeal
- VSU grant initiates opioid addiction project
- Tift reports COVID-19-related death
- Pierce scores late to defeat Tift County
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.