MACON -- The Tiftarea Academy Lady Panthers split a pair of games in the Freedom Park Preseason Softball Tournament here Wednesday. Tiftarea defeated Central Fellowship, 8-0, before falling to Tattnall Square, 6-2. The games were make-ups of rainouts from Tuesday.
In the first game, Tiftarea's Jennifer Cone picked up the pitching win. She went the distance, striking out five and walking two.
Shea Weaver had four hits to lead the offense. Katherine Ethridge added two hits, while Kelly Dill had one hit. Both of those players also had two RBIs apiece.
Cone suffered the pitching loss in game two. Carly Veazey had two hits in that game.
Depending on the weather, the Lady Panthers will resume play in the tournament either Friday or Saturday. The tournament is a pool play event, and the Lady Panthers are unsure of what division they will be placed in following completion of the preliminary games.
Tiftarea is now 2-2 on the year.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- S.Ga. drug bust nets Tift suspect
- UPDATE: Woman jailed after Tifton death
- McDaniel house named Beauty Spot winner
- Tift reports two more COVID-19 deaths Wednesday
- Gold Star marker placed in Veteran's Park
- City Council extends city-wide mask mandate with another 3-2 vote
- Tift reports 16 new COVID-19 cases Saturday
- Tift reports 16 new COVID-19 cases Sunday
- Panthers rally to defeat Brookwood
- Parsing high crimes and misdemeanors: Experts offer insights into impeachment
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.