TIFTON -- The Eighth Street Lady Devils softball team got a 12-1, 6-5 sweep over visiting Irwin County Wednesday afternoon.
J.B. Dunn led the Lady Devils in game one with three hits, while Destiny Hill added two. With one hit apiece were Amber McKenzie, Karli Smith, Kristen Wells and Lagen Busbin.
In game two, Tionna Barnes got a triple in the fifth-and-final inning that scored Smith to win the game for Eighth Street. McKenzie also added a hit for the Lady Devils.
Brooke Spinks got the pitching win in each game for Eighth Street.
The Lady Devils will be in Leesburg Saturday to take part in a tournament at Lee County Middle.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- SEAGLE: Ornamental grasses add color, form in curb appeal
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Gov. Kemp touts cotton, election law
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Tift reports one virus death
- Tift reports one virus case
- Blue Devils keep going, defeat Lee 5-1
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
REDDING [mdash] Charles Emory Parrish, age 79, passed away peacefully on October 1, 2020 with his daughter by his side. He was born in Florida and grew up in Tifton, Georgia to Lois and Tom Parrish. He joined the Navy in 1964. During his service he earned four medals and was deployed to Viet…