TIFTON -- Playing a four-year school Sunday did not deter the Abraham Baldwin College Fillies softball team as ABAC swept a doubleheader against Georgia Southwestern, 3-2 and 6-2.
In the first game, ABAC's Kate Thompson was the winning pitcher.
Down 1-0 in bottom of the sixth, ABAC scored three runs to take the lead. Jenee Hix led off the inning with an infield hit. Nichole Lyons then bunted her to second. After Amber Whittle moved Hix to third on a fielder's choice, Stephanie Carbonetti hit a double that scored Hix. Erica Pope's single then scored Carbonetti. That was followed by a Teresa Long double that plated Pope.
Three Fillie runs in the first inning was all game two winner Melissa Laliberte would need as the Fillies took game two.
arbonetti, Long and Pope each went 2-for-3 in that game for the Fillies.
The Fillies wil be at Tallahassee Community College today for a 4 p.m. doubleheader. ABAC then returns home for a 3 p.m. doubleheader tomorrow against Chipola.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Man found dead on interstate
- 'Bandit' to film in Tifton, looking for extras
- Tift County selects Greg Williams to lead Blue Devil baseball
- Pair of Blue Devils earn Bert Jones scholarships
- Tift reports four virus cases in past week
- Juneteenth celebrations in Tifton
- Tifton celebrates Juneteenth
- Look, Up in the Sky: Reviewing South Georgia's UFO sightings
- BEST OF TIFTON - 2021
- Prof works as court interpreter