ALBANY -- A two-out, two-run homer kept the Abraham Baldwin Fillies from sweeping the Darton College Lady Cavaliers Thursday in Region XVII softball.
In the first game of the doubleheader, ABAC won 3-1. In the second game, the Fillies were up 4-3 and Darton got a two-run, two-out homer to win the contest 5-4.
Danielle Bertram got two hits in the first game for ABAC, while Elske ten Hoope took the win.
Kate Thompson pitched the first four innings of game two and left with the score tied 1-1. The home run was hit off ten Hoope in relief of Thompson.
Kallie Ellison had three RBIs in the second game for ABAC as she went 2-for-3.
The Fillies (6-4 in the league, 18-19 overall) will host Young Harris Saturday for a 1 p.m. region doubleheader.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Ewing house named Beauty Spot
- Tifton's Best Running coming soon
- TCHS senior prom location changed
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Blue Devils announce 2021 football schedule
- Another region tennis title for Berrien
- South Georgia reacts to verdict in George Floyd case
- Resurfacing project set for 2nd Street
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
ADEL [mdash] Mrs. Laura Bryan Moore of Adel, Georgia, passed away on April 21, 2021 at the Southwell Health and Rehabilitation in Adel. Mrs. Moore was born in Cook County to the late Joseph Coffee Bryan and Susan Arie Lou Hester Bryan where she had lived most of her life. She was a homemaker…