ALBANY -- The Abraham Baldwin Fillies basketball team stayed unbeaten on the year Saturday with a 72-62 win over North Florida Saturday during a tournament being held at Darton College. It was ABAC's second win in two days as the Fillies defeated Enterprise State, 61-49, Friday night during the first round of the tournament.
"We are playing well as a team," ABAC coach Julie Conner said of her 3-0 team.
Sophomore Kelly McMullen led the Fillies in scoring against North Florida with 20 points, six rebounds and three assists. Former Cook High Lady Hornet Valencia Jones added 19 points, four rebounds and three assists, while Brynne Callaway scored 12 points and pulled down eight boards.
McMullen also led the Fillies against Enterprise with 17 points. Jones scored 12, while Callaway added 10 in that Friday encounter.
Conner was also high on another player.
"While she has not had many stats, (freshman) Tamara Peterson has done a phenomenal job at point guard for us. We are running the floor well and she is a big reason why we are doing that," the ABAC coach said.
ABAC will play their home opener tomorrow evening against the Brewton-Parker junior varsity. That game will be at 5:30 p.m.
Coach Todd Sheppard's Stallions will also be at home Monday against the Brewton-Parker jayvee. That contest will begin at 7:30 p.m.
The Stallions played Okaloosa-Walton in a tournament in Florida Saturday night. That outcome was not known at presstime.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Ewing house named Beauty Spot
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Another region tennis title for Berrien
- Blue Devils announce 2021 football schedule
- Tift reports one virus death
- Resurfacing project set for 2nd Street
- Tift reports one COVID-19 case this weekend
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.