TIFTON -- Playing at home for the first time this year, the Abraham Baldwin Fillies tennis team was defeated 7-2 Saturday morning by the Florida Community College Lady All-Stars.
Former Berrien High Rebellette Amanda Cumbess teamed with Kacie Parrish to give ABAC an 8-1 win at No. 3 doubles.
Parrish also got the Fillies' other victory, a 2-6, 6-3, 6-4 triumph at No. 6 singles.
Cumbess was defeated at No. 5 singles, but both sets went to tie-breakers, 6-7 (9-11) and 6-7 (4-7).
The Fillies will face off against Valdosta State at 10 a.m. today for their next match. Also playing against VSU will be coach Alan Kramer's Stallions. The mens match will also begin at 10 a.m.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- COVID-19 cases still on the rise statewide
- County to review road grant, more at meeting
- First honorary street name change filed
- Gov. Kemp touts cotton, election law
- SEAGLE: Ornamental grasses add color, form in curb appeal
- Tift reports no changes again in virus status
- Tift reports one virus case
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
REDDING [mdash] Charles Emory Parrish, age 79, passed away peacefully on October 1, 2020 with his daughter by his side. He was born in Florida and grew up in Tifton, Georgia to Lois and Tom Parrish. He joined the Navy in 1964. During his service he earned four medals and was deployed to Viet…