"Once again, the property owners and homeowners of Tifton and Tift County are getting ripped off and gouged by inefficient bureaucracy that runs our school system and our county commission and our city commission. There needs to be something done to change the way that people are taxed to pay for these things. Everybody should pay, regardless of whether you are a homeowner or not."
"This is a rave for Julia who works in the ladies' dress department at Belk's. She is always so nice and courteous to you and helps you all she can. Thank you."
Up, up and away
"It seems our local politicians keep misleading us about taxes. They keep going up and up. Let's use some of this tax money to wipe out the local gangs. Another thing, why do they think we want to live in a big city? Part of the lure of Tift County was its size and low taxes. Politicians, listen up."
A word of thanks
"We just want to say thank you to all the veterans and servicemen and women for everything that they have done and are doing to protect us so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we have today. We honor and appreciate you and your sacrifices for our country. Also, we want to thank all of our law enforcement, EMTs and health care workers for protecting and taking care of us each day here at home. God bless you all and your families."
"All you people who voted for liquor by the drink, raise your glasses really, really high and let's have a toast. I see in the paper Saturday where they voted to raise taxes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought when y'all approved that taxes would go down."
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- S.Ga. drug bust nets Tift suspect
- Tift schools extend yellow designation
- Gold Star marker placed in Veteran's Park
- McDaniel house named Beauty Spot winner
- Tift reports 16 new COVID-19 cases Saturday
- Tift reports 16 new COVID-19 cases Sunday
- Panthers rally to defeat Brookwood
- Parsing high crimes and misdemeanors: Experts offer insights into impeachment
- Blue Devils split at Camden County
- Tift reports two more COVID-19 deaths Wednesday
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.