TIFTON — The Tift County Schools Nutrition Department’s Summer Feeding Program will kick off starting Tuesday, June 2.
The program is a free program for all children under the age of 18 and is meant to ensure all Tift County children, especially those who depend on school for meals, have access to adequate nutrition during the summer months.
The program will run from June 2 until July 16, except the week of June 29-July 3.
Meals will be available from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Tuesday bags will contain breakfast and lunch for four days and the Thursday bags will contain breakfast and lunch for three days.
Grab and go locations and bus routes will be the same as the feeding program put in place during the school shutdown.
The grab and go locations are: G.O. Bailey Elementary School, Matt Wilson Elementary School, J.T. Reddick Elementary School, Omega Elementary School, Puckett Park, Peterson Apartments and Dees Apartments.
The bus routes are as follows:
• Bus 98: 11-11:20 a.m. at Puckett Park, 11:30-11:50 a.m. at Brookfield Mews and noon-12:20 p.m. at Pine Hill Trailer Park.
• Bus 99: 11-11:20 a.m. at Belmont and 6th Street, 11:30-11:50 a.m. at New River Flea Market and noon-12:20 p.m. at Cotton Point Trailer Park.
• Bus 151: 11-11:20 a.m. at the bowling alley, 11:30-11:50 a.m. at Good Neighbor Grocery and noon-12:20 p.m. at the Chula Post Office.
• Bus 133: 11-11:20 a.m. at Ponder Park in Omega and 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. on various Omega city streets.
• Bus 181: 11-11:15 a.m. at Whispering Pines Trailer Park, 11:20-11:40 a.m. at Crawley/WB Parks Road, 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. at Ty Ty Baptist Church and 12:20-1 p.m. on various Ty Ty city streets
• Bus 167: 11-11:20 a.m. at the Potter’s House parking lot, 11:30-11:50 a.m. on Tift Ave. across from Burger King, noon-12:20 p.m. at Somerset Apartments and 12:30-12:50 p.m. at Fulwood Park.
• Bus #1110: 11-11:20 a.m. at Dixie Apartments, 11:30-11:50 a.m. at Harley Davidson area neighborhood, noon-12:20 p.m. at Georgetown, 12:30-12:50 p.m. at Old Omega Rd Apartments and Peterson Apartments and 1-1:30 p.m. at EB Hamilton Road Apartments.
• Bus 97: 11 a.m.-noon at Brookfield Baptist Church and 11:30-11:50 a.m. on Sarah Circle off of Brookfield Turner Church Road.
For more information contact the Tift County Schools Nutrition Program at 229-387-2400.