TIFTON- A bingo game turned violent Wednesday, according to a Tifton Police Department report.
Sabrina Booney of Tifton told police that around 10:10 p.m. Wednesday, she was playing bingo at a location on North Victory Drive. She said a woman named Linda Segura hit her on the face with a shoe after the game. She said she and Segura had been in an argument earlier.
Booney said she called the police and was waiting inside the building when Kim Batts of Tifton arrived to pick her up. Batts had been baby-sitting Booney's children.
Booney said that before Segura left, she took the keys from Batts' car and threw them across the street. Booney said that Batts' daughter got in a verbal altercation with Segura. Booney said Batts then pulled a metal stick out of her car and started beating Segura's car while she tried to leave. A witness said she tried to stop Batts, but then Batts jumped on the hood of the car. Both Batts and a witness, Katie Griggs, were reportedly struck by the car.
Batts received a broken leg while Griggs was uninjured. Batts was taken to Tift Regional Medical Center for treatment.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tift teen killed in accident
- Worth the weight: Blue Devils football players earn powerlifting awards
- Mary O's restaurant honors namesake
- Tift Middle Blue Devils win state wrestling title
- Health officials: People can return to work without negative test
- Veazey named to ‘Most Influential Georgians’ list
- County OKs rezoning for concrete company
- Middle school wrestling team to host state championship Saturday
- Tift basketball recognizes Shakiria Chaney for 1,000 points
- Saturday's Tift County basketball games canceled
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
COVINGTON [mdash]Mr. Don Franks, age 85, of Covington, Georgia passed away Monday, January 10, 2022. He was born April 24, 1936 in Marion County, Alabama to Arlin and Dealie Franks who have preceded him in death. Mr. Franks was a trucker, preacher at heart and, pastored in the Freewill Bapti…
Roger Mitchell Goode, 6, of Tifton passed away Monday. A graveside service will be held at 2:00 p.m. Thursday at Tift Memorial Gardens with a visitation at 1:30 p.m. at the graveside. Bowen-Donaldson is in charge of arrangements.
Roger Mitchell Goode, 64, of Tifton passed away Monday, January 10, 2022, at his father's residence. Arrangements are incomplete and will be provided later by Bowen-Donaldson Home for Funerals.