According to troopers with Post 36 of the Georgia State Patrol in Douglas, the couple was traveling down U.S. Highway 125 near Spring Road when a tree fell onto their vehicle. Bonnie S. Hollomon, 29, was transported to Tift Regional Medical Center where she died. Her husband, Kendall, was also transported for treatment at Tift Regional Medical Center for treatment.
Funeral services for Mrs. Holloman will be held at 11 a.m. today at Ocilla Baptist Church. Burial will follow at Douglas City Cemetery. In addition to her husband, Mrs. Holloman is survived by her father and stepmother, Larry E. and Jennie Thomas of Douglas; a brother, Chad Thomas of Douglas; a sister, Dawn, of Douglas; and her grandmother, Mildred Thomas of Douglas.
Several fallen trees have been reported in the Tiftarea in the last few days, apparently due to heavy rainfall. It was not known what caused the tree that hit the Hollomans' car to fall.
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton's McGriff hired by the University of Florida
- Tift reports virus death Friday
- S.Ga. drug bust nets Tift suspect
- Scarbrough takes oath for third term
- Southwell opening vaccine clinic
- Stables apartment complex sold
- Tift County Schools extend yellow designation
- Tift reports virus death, 24 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday
- Oral arguments on Grinstead case appeal planned for Tuesday
- Big run by Lady Devils as Tift sweeps Colquitt
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
TIFTON [mdash] Betty Rose Shivers Sumner, 87, of Tifton passed away Saturday, January 9, 2021, at Tift Regional Medical Center. A graveside funeral service will be held for Mrs. Sumner at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at Leila United Methodist Church Cemetery in Omega, where she wil…