TIFTON -- One man was killed in a two-vehicle accident that occurred late Wednesday night on Interstate 75 in Cook County.
The name of the man killed has not been released, according to the Georgia State Patrol Post 13 in Tifton.
According to the GSP, the man killed was driving a truck loaded with watermelons in the right-hand, southbound lane Wednesday at 10:52 p.m. near the bridge at Exit 32 in the southern part of Cook County. The truck was traveling well under the speed limit and had no tail lights, according to reports.
A tractor-trailer approached the watermelon truck and apparently the driver did not see it before crashing into it. The tractor-trailer driver, whose name was also not released by authorities, was not seriously injured, according to reports.
The Special Collision Reconstruction Team was on the scene late Wednesday night and the GSP was still investigating the accident Thursday afternoon.
No further information was available at press time.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Suspect arrested in June shooting death
- AgGeorgia Farm Credit announces relationship manager in Nashville
- Tift area can expect inches of rain from Sally
- Donated plant stands come home to Myon
- Tift reports one death, six COVID-19 cases Sunday
- County commission sends service delivery proposal to city
- Red hot run for Lady Devils in TCC sweep
- Tift-Thomas County Central football game canceled
- Nurse alleges 'inhumane' medical practices at Irwin County immigrant detention center
- TCRD cancels fall sports
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.