Carlene Brown raked in a cool $150,000 through the instant game that was purchased at the Sunny Food Mart on South Main Street.
"I took it home and looked at it," Brown told lottery officials. "Then I put it up, took it out and looked at it some more."
Brown told the Georgia Lottery that she plans to pay her bills, give money to family members and make a donation to a worthy cause.
Tandi Reddick, a spokesperson for the Georgia Lottery, said that Brown joins a small club by winning the instant game's top prize.
"Ms. Brown is one of only three top prize winners in the state for this game," Reddick said. "She sounded really excited and was thrilled."
Georgia Gold was introduced in May.
To contact reporter JD Sumner, call 382-4321.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Ewing house named Beauty Spot
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Another region tennis title for Berrien
- Tift reports one virus death
- Resurfacing project set for 2nd Street
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- Rush Propst saga plagues storied Valdosta Wildcat football program
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.