TIFTON -- While transporting two people arrested on drug charges, a Tifton Police officer got into a traffic accident and an arrested woman complained of an injury, according to a Tifton Police Department report.
Police responded around 11 p.m. Tuesday to a citizen complaint about possible drug use in Room 111 of the Budget Inn.
Two people, Robert Charles Haire, 53, of Tifton and Brenda Kay Headley, 36, of Tifton were found inside. Officers asked if there was any reason someone would report they were doing drugs and they said, "Yes, her ex-husband wouldn't leave her alone," according to the report.
The report said they both admitted to smoking "weed." The report said officers found a clear cellophane bag containing marijuana in a cigarette box in a drawer beside the room's bed.
Both Haire and Headley were arrested on charges of marijuana possession.
Afterward, while backing out in a patrol car to transport the suspects to jail, an officer hit a parked car. Headley said she received a neck injury during the fender-bender.
However, Emergency Medical Services were called to the scene and said that Headley was "fine," according to the report.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Woman jailed after Tifton death
- S.Ga. drug bust nets Tift suspect
- 'Til death do us part': COVID-19 takes couple on same day
- McDaniel house named Beauty Spot winner
- Tift reports two more COVID-19 deaths Wednesday
- Gold Star marker placed in Veteran's Park
- City Council extends city-wide mask mandate with another 3-2 vote
- Tift reports 16 new COVID-19 cases Sunday
- Tift reports sixth COVID-19 death this week
- Parsing high crimes and misdemeanors: Experts offer insights into impeachment
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.