TIFTON -- A 34-year-old Tifton man was arrested on charges of selling marijuana.
Lt. Steve Hyman of the Tifton Police Department said that he received information that David Manuel Soto, 34, of Tifton, was carrying a large quantity of marijuana.
Hyman stopped Soto's vehicle at Highway 41 South and Elm Street and asked him if he had any drugs. Soto said he did not.
Hyman said he then asked if he could search the car and Soto said "no." When asked why not, Hyman said Soto replied, "Hyman, you know there's drugs in the car."
Hyman said he looked and found a large quantity of a green, leafy substance. Soto was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton teen wins state pageant
- UPDATE: Tifton police seek suspect in shooting
- Grant to provide affordable southside housing
- City preps for new garbage company
- Tift County recount ends in the same result
- Tifton tapped for youth center funds
- Georgia Museum of Agriculture copes with COVID
- Salem cancels game with Tift County
- Tift reports 46 new COVID-19 cases in three-day period
- Tift reports seven new COVID-19 cases Sunday
Joseph "Scott" Lindsey, 56, of the West Berrien Community passed away Saturday, November 21, 2020, at Memorial Satilla Health in Waycross. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Bowen-Donaldson Home for Funerals.