TIFTON -- A 34-year-old Tifton man was arrested on charges of selling marijuana.
Lt. Steve Hyman of the Tifton Police Department said that he received information that David Manuel Soto, 34, of Tifton, was carrying a large quantity of marijuana.
Hyman stopped Soto's vehicle at Highway 41 South and Elm Street and asked him if he had any drugs. Soto said he did not.
Hyman said he then asked if he could search the car and Soto said "no." When asked why not, Hyman said Soto replied, "Hyman, you know there's drugs in the car."
Hyman said he looked and found a large quantity of a green, leafy substance. Soto was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Newest ribbon cuttings are sweet
- ABAC to honor Cordell, Spinks
- Youngblood sets plans for auxiliary services
- Tifton woman charged with murder
- Tifton shooting probed as homicide
- National Weather Service tracking strong thunderstorm in Tifton
- Gaither celebrates 100th birthday
- ABAC faculty members receive promotions, tenure
- Council delays annexation resolution
- Tifton man charged with voluntary manslaughter
Keaton Loyd, 17, of Sumner passed away Monday. Services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Sunday, at Ty Ty First Baptist Church The family will receive friends on Saturday from 6-8 p.m. in the Chapel of Bowen-Donaldson Home for Funerals.
Ira H. "Knocker" Gibbs, 71, of Tifton passed away Monday, July 19, 2021, at Regency Hospital in Macon. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Bowen-Donaldson Home for Funerals.