TIFTON -- About a thousand people braved heat and rain to view the annual pyrotechnic show at the Georgia Agrirama in Tifton on Monday. And, according to them, it was worth a little discomfort.
Jackie Smith, who was visiting from Punta Gorda, Fla., said that the fireworks help her appreciate the holiday.
"Something about a good Independence Day celebration makes you appreciate what we have," said Smith, who lost a roof during last year's hurricanes.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- UPDATE: Tifton man charged with murder in death of 9-year-old girl
- Run game shut down, but Lee County takes win
- Trump Bus visits Tifton Mall
- TPD kicks off Lock it or Lose it campaign
- Tift OKs county buildings mask mandate
- Tifton’s Sumner invited to 2021 All-America tournament
- Lady Devils secure 3rd place
- City hosts tire recycling event
- Offense, defense set records against Worth
- Lowndes enters football quarantine
ALMA [mdash]William Dennis Cromer, age 71, of Alma passed away suddenly on Sunday, October 18, 2020 at the Bacon County Hospital. He was born in Tifton, Georgia on April 20, 1949 to James Presley Cromer and Margaret LeSeur Cromer. Besides his parents he was preceded in death by two brothers,…