The official celebration of Tift County's 100th birthday will be held in front
of the Administration building on Tift Avenue between 2nd and 4th Streets.
Tents will provide shade.
Music by The Carpenters.
Welcome and prayer by Mayor Paul Johnson, National Anthem by Melanie Peavy, speeches, re-enactment of the signing of proclamation forming Tift County, campaign for name change, song with Donny Hester and Benediction by Bishop Ernest Reeves Sr.
Music by Chase Anderson
Free bottled water donated by Wal-Mart.
Raymond Moreno, M.D.: Healthcare of the last 100 years.
Free ice cream donated by Dairyland.
Albert Culbreath: Music and Tales.
Eunice Mixon: Tales of Life in Tift County.
Henry Bostick: Tift County Stories
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- SEAGLE: Ornamental grasses add color, form in curb appeal
- Gov. Kemp touts cotton, election law
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Tift reports one virus case
- Tift reports one virus death
- Blue Devils keep going, defeat Lee 5-1
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
REDDING [mdash] Charles Emory Parrish, age 79, passed away peacefully on October 1, 2020 with his daughter by his side. He was born in Florida and grew up in Tifton, Georgia to Lois and Tom Parrish. He joined the Navy in 1964. During his service he earned four medals and was deployed to Viet…