Sponsored by the ABAC Foundation, the event begins with a buffet meal at 7 p.m. in the Donaldson Dining Hall. Tickets are $125 each. Reserved tables seating eight people are $1,250 each. Interested persons may call (229) 391-4900 for ticket information.
"We expect this show to sell out fast," Betty McCorvey, assistant director of development, said. "People have asked us to try something different in the way of entertainment, and we think The Temptations certainly fit the bill. People love their music."
For more than 40 years, The Temptations have produced chart toppers such as "My Girl," "Ain't Too Proud To Beg," "Papa Was A Rolling Stone," "Just My Imagination," and "I Can't Get Next To You."
Otis Williams is the only original member of the group but the voices of G.C. Cameron, Terry Weeks, Ron Tyson, and Joe Herndon still give audiences what they ask for, McCorvey said.
All proceeds from Dollars for ABAC Scholars go toward student scholarships at the college. More than $1 million has been raised for scholarships since the first show in 1972
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Ewing house named Beauty Spot
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- Tift reports one virus death
- Tift reports one virus case
- Resurfacing project set for 2nd Street
- Rush Propst saga plagues storied Valdosta Wildcat football program
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
REDDING [mdash] Charles Emory Parrish, age 79, passed away peacefully on October 1, 2020 with his daughter by his side. He was born in Florida and grew up in Tifton, Georgia to Lois and Tom Parrish. He joined the Navy in 1964. During his service he earned four medals and was deployed to Viet…