TIFTON -- Contractors for the Georgia Department of Transportation are in the final stages of preparing to shift traffic to the south side of State Route 37 through Adel from just east of the airport to S.R. 76. The Scruggs Company has notified the DOT of its intention to install the shift Wednesday and Thursday nights, weather permitting.
As part of this shift, temporary traffic signals will be installed on either side of the bridge across I-75 at the exit ramps. The temporary traffic signals were turned on in 'flash mode' beginning Friday and will be operational beginning Thursday, Nov. 11.
This work is being done as part of the $17 million interchange reconstruction project, which includes replacement of the bridge across I-75.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- SEAGLE: Ornamental grasses add color, form in curb appeal
- Gov. Kemp touts cotton, election law
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Tift reports one virus case
- Tift reports one virus death
- Blue Devils keep going, defeat Lee 5-1
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
REDDING [mdash] Charles Emory Parrish, age 79, passed away peacefully on October 1, 2020 with his daughter by his side. He was born in Florida and grew up in Tifton, Georgia to Lois and Tom Parrish. He joined the Navy in 1964. During his service he earned four medals and was deployed to Viet…