TIFTON -- The Georgia Department of Transportation will hold public viewings at three locations regarding the draft of the State Transportation Improvement Program.
Each year, the GDOT prepares a State Transportation Improvement Program identifying all transportation projects scheduled to receive federal funding during the upcoming federal fiscal years. The newest STIP has been prepared for fiscal years 2006-2008.
The public viewings are scheduled for: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 19, Albany Mall, 2601 Dawson Road, Albany; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, July 21, Colonial Mall, 1700 Norman Drive, Valdosta; and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 26, Tifton Mall, Inc., 458 N. Virginia Ave., Tifton.
The public viewings will be in an open house format. The public is invited to attend these events and discover what federally assisted transportation improvements are currently proposed for your community; express your opinion and identify any additional local transportation improvement needed, which may require federal and state assistance; and to ask questions of GDOT management and staff.
For more information, you may contact Shame Pridgon at (229) 386-3045, or e-mail at Shane.Pridgen@dot.state.ga.us or visit the DOT Web site at www.dot.state.ga.us.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Austin Brown set to release first original single on Sept. 23
- Blue Devils off again
- Quitman man charged in fatal Tift County wreck
- Mike Beeman completes 43rd consecutive Boston Marathon
- Your Pie opens after ribbon cutting
- Advocates protest Irwin County detention center
- Lady Devils continue surge in Camden sweep
- Statewide questions on November ballot
- Georgia nears 314,000 COVID-19 cases
- Seventh heaven for Lady Devils