IRWINVILLE -- Investigators with the South Central Drug Task Force, assisted by the Irwin County Sheriff's Office and Fitzgerald Police Department, executed a search warrant Wednesday at 115 Jeff Davis Highway in Irwinville (Irwin County). Investigators found approximately 40 marijuana plants being grown inside and around the residence, as well as approximately a quarter pound of marijuana ready for sale.
Arrested at the residence were Heath Kenneth Register, 24, and Brandy Bussell, 23. A third person who was at the residence at the time was not arrested. Register and Bussell were both charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, manufacturing marijuana and possession of tools for the commission of a crime.
According to the SCDTF, the marijuana plants if allowed to grow to maturity could produce around one pound of marijuana each, with an approximate value of $1,200 per pound. SCDTF Commander John David Anderson said the investigation started as a result of a citizen complaint about suspected drug activity taking place at the residence.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tift reports virus death Friday
- Tifton's McGriff hired by the University of Florida
- Scarbrough takes oath for third term
- Southwell opening vaccine clinic
- Stables apartment complex sold
- S.Ga. drug bust nets Tift suspect
- Middle school wrestlers place in Florida
- Tift reports virus death, 24 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday
- Tift reports 13 new COVID-19 cases Saturday
- Oral arguments on Grinstead case appeal planned for Tuesday
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
TIFTON [mdash] Betty Rose Shivers Sumner, 87, of Tifton passed away Saturday, January 9, 2021, at Tift Regional Medical Center. A graveside funeral service will be held for Mrs. Sumner at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at Leila United Methodist Church Cemetery in Omega, where she wil…