TIFTON -- Police are looking for a man who grabbed hundreds of dollars from a cash register at Wal-Mart and threatened a clerk Tuesday.
According to a Tifton Police Department report, around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday a white male subject approached the cashier acting as if he were purchasing a 20-ounce Mountain Dew beverage. The clerk said that the man told her "Don't you tell, or you will get in trouble." Then, he reportedly snatched all of the $20 dollar bills from the clerk's cash drawer and ran out of the store.
The suspect stands between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot-1 in height. He was wearing a red baseball cap with a black bib, blue denim pants and a white tee shirt. The shirt may have had a turkey insignia on its back. He was in his late 30s to early 40s with light brown hair. He wore his facial hair in a goatee or Fu Manchu style.
The suspect reportedly escaped with approximately $860, all in $20 bills.
Those with any information that could lead to the arrest of the suspect should contact the investigative division of the Tifton Police Department at 382-3132.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Anders resigns as Tift County head football coach
- Mayor reviews Tifton child deaths
- Gatehouse luxury apartments open downtown
- Devils finish football season at Grayson
- Tift reports 41 new COVID-19 cases during two-day period
- Experience fuels student's career choice
- Blackshear enjoying return to court, expecting more players
- Rashod Bateman opts out again at Minnesota
- Rep. Austin Scott tests positive for COVID-19
- Upset!: Panthers pound Pinewood in rematch
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Larkey Henry Barnes, 72, of Fitzgerald passed away Saturday, November 28, 2020, in Alapaha. Among his survivors is his wife, Linda Barnes of Fitzgerald. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Bowen-Donaldson Home for Funerals.