LAS VEGAS -- Arthur Thomas Ball, Sr., 68, of Las Vegas, formerly of Nacogdoches, Texas, died Saturday, May 11, 2002 at the Veterans Administration Hospital at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at the Union Grove Church of God with burial following at the Union Grove Church of God Cemetery.
Born July 3, 1933 in Wedowee, Alabama, Mr. Ball was the son of Arthur James Lee Ball and Grayce Jewel Johnson Ball, both deceased. He was retired from Bigelow Carpet Mills and was a member of the Jaycees and the Masons. He was a veteran of the Korean War and was a member of the 101st Airborne Division, U.S. Army. He had lived in Las Vegas for 13 years.
Mr. Ball is survived by two sons, LTC Arthur Thomas Ball, Jr. of Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii, and LTC Daniel Lee Ball of Fort Hood, Texas; two daughters, Julie Ann Ball of Tulsa, Okla. and Rebecca Lynn Ball Spencer of Austin, Texas; five brothers, Phillip M. Ball and E.V. Ball of Jacksonville, Fla., Lee Ball and Dan Ball of Tifton, and J.L. Ball of Brandon, Fla.; four sisters, Sharon Ball Morris of Midway, Janie Ball Adams of Jacksonville, Rachael Ball Gordon of Jacksonville Beach, Fla., and Katherine Woods of Tifton; and 10 granchildren.
Albritton-Beaumont Funeral Directors, Tiftarea Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- Sheriff seeks help for first responders affected by tornados
- Kemp kicks off Tifton event
- Track squad sets new PRs at Valdosta
- Tift virus cases, related deaths unchanged this weekend
- First honorary street name change filed
- Tift virus numbers unchanged Wednesday
- Tiftarea middle school squad wins conference baseball crown
- Tift reports COVID-19-related death
- Kemp scheduled to visit Tifton museum Friday
WAYCROSS [mdash] Mrs. Teresa Wright Mullis, 73, passed away Sunday morning (April 4, 2021) at the Hospice House Satilla following an extended illness. She was born in Atlanta, GA to the late Horace Wright and Myrtice Wright but has lived in Waycross for the last 40 years as a homemaker. She …