VALDOSTA -- Frances Louise Montgomery, 83, of Valdosta, formerly of Lenox, died Monday, March 25, 2002, at South Georgia Medical Center.
Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. Friday at Lakeview Baptist Church. The Rev. Steve Pickern will officiate. Burial will follow at Staunton Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be James Gunn, Andrew Payne, Chris Miley, Marshall Cone, Jim Brown and Larry Jo Godwin.
The body will lie in state at the church for one hour before the service.
The family will receive friends from 7-9 p.m. tonight at Albritton-Beaumont Funeral Directors, Tiftarea Chapel.
Born Sept. 3, 1918, in Cook County, Mrs. Montgomery was the daughter of Walter Louis Coker and Florence Lily Underwood Coker, both deceased. She was also preceded in death by her husband, George Washington Montgomery; one son, Bobby; two brothers, John Henry Coker and Louis Coker; and one sister, Marie Griffin.
A resident of Lenox most of her life, Mrs. Montgomery was a homemaker and a member of the Baptist faith.
She is survived by two sons, George E. Montgomery and Wayne Montgomery, both of Tifton; two daughters, Jane Bridges of Sylvester and Eudine Vickers of Seaford, Dela.; three sisters, Ruth White of Tifton, Betty Lawrence of Florida and Melba O'Neal of Tifton; and a number of grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
Albritton-Beaumont Funeral Directors, Tiftarea Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Ewing house named Beauty Spot
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Another region tennis title for Berrien
- Tift reports one virus death
- Resurfacing project set for 2nd Street
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- Rush Propst saga plagues storied Valdosta Wildcat football program
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.