TIFTON -- A Tifton man was beaten by two men and then his car was stolen, according to a Tifton Police Department report.
The victim told police that he that he had gone to a location on Potts Road to buy drugs Monday around 8 p.m. He said that when he got out of his car he was approached by a white male. A black male was also walking behind the other man.
The victim said that he was getting his money out when the white male hit him in the face with his fist. He said he then fell down and both men began kicking him. The victim told police that he tried to crawl away and he noticed one of his attackers walking toward his car, a bronze-colored 2001 Oldsmobile Alero. He said that he did not see anyone get inside the car.
The victim said that then one of the men walked over to him and kicked him in the head. At that point, the man told police that he believes he was knocked unconscious. He said that when he awakened, he did not see his car, so he walked to Domino's. There he fell asleep.
The victim said that he did not recognize his attackers, but would know them if he saw them again.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- Sheriff seeks help for first responders affected by tornados
- Kemp kicks off Tifton event
- Track squad sets new PRs at Valdosta
- Tift virus cases, related deaths unchanged this weekend
- First honorary street name change filed
- Tift virus numbers unchanged Wednesday
- Tiftarea middle school squad wins conference baseball crown
- Tift reports COVID-19-related death
- Kemp scheduled to visit Tifton museum Friday
WAYCROSS [mdash] Mrs. Teresa Wright Mullis, 73, passed away Sunday morning (April 4, 2021) at the Hospice House Satilla following an extended illness. She was born in Atlanta, GA to the late Horace Wright and Myrtice Wright but has lived in Waycross for the last 40 years as a homemaker. She …