Randall Lance Caulder, 25, of Tifton, was charged with kidnapping, theft by taking, reckless driving, battery, DUI (alcohol), two counts of failure to obey traffic control devices, failure to stop at a stop sign, driving without a valid tag, driving with a suspended license and a probation violation.
According to police reports filed by the Tifton Police Department, Caulder and an unnamed female victim were at Halftime's at about 1:40 a.m. Saturday when Caulder became irate, threw the victim into a van and drove away.
"He then ran a red light at an excess rate of speed and a police unit noticed him and pulled him over," Lt. Porter Jackson, chief of the Investigative Division of the Tifton Police Department, said.
Jackson wouldn't elaborate on the type of injuries the woman sustained but did say that they were "visible" to police officers at the scene.
To contact reporter JD Sumner, call 382-4321, ext. 214.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Adel teen launches live bait vending machine
- Rare indigo snake killed; authorities seek suspect
- Protestors call for closing Irwin County Detention Center
- Rutland Farms to host fishing tournament
- Tiftarea names basketball court for Coach Amy Strenth
- Elite eight-bound Devils do it again, defeat North Paulding
- Chaney, Burgess, Conner win big honors in All-Region awards
- Auto Club helps child with leukemia
- Tift reports one virus death this weekend
- Tift takes on Berkmar in semis shot
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
LENOX [mdash] Mrs. Thelma A. Trent, 87, of Lenox, Georgia, passed away on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at Tift Regional Medical Center. She was born in Adel, Georgia to Benjamin S. Hicks and Ida Mae Mathis Hicks. She lived her entire life in Georgia and the past 25 years in Lenox. Mrs. Trent…