TIFTON -- The Tift County Lady Devil softball team took a break from Region 1-AAAAA action Saturday with a home doubleheader against the Camden County Lady Wildcats.
Head coach Ivey Vickers' Tift squad took the first game, 6-3, but fell in the night cap, 3-1.
"Everyone got to play today and we all had a lot of fun," said Vickers. "We also got a chance to work on some things and that will help us down the road."
Monique Jordan and Janna Shiver both picked up two hits and a RBI to lead the Tift offense in game one.
Amber Whittle and Kayla Futch also each went 2-for-4 in the contest.
Knocking in one run apiece were Summer Cromer and Sara Beth Sickling. Cromer on a hit and Sickling on a sacrifice bunt.
Tiffany Goode picked up the pitching win in relief.
In game two Camden jumped out to a quick 3-0 lead and did not look back in taking the win.
Tift's only run came in the sixth. Shiver hit a triple and scored on a single by Whittle.
Besides the RBI, Whittle also went 2-for-3 in the game.
The other two hits came a double from Cromer and a single by Imesha Wells.
Tift will travel to Ocilla Tuesday for a 4:30 p.m. game against Irwin County.
The Lady Devils will then go to Valdosta to take on Lowndes Thursday at 5 p.m. in a Region 1-AAAAA contest.
Vickers' team will then face Valdosta on Oct. 14 and Fitzgerald on Oct. 15. Both of those games will be at home.
Tift is 10-6 overall and 4-4 in region play.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Grant to provide affordable southside housing
- City preps for new garbage company
- Tifton tapped for youth center funds
- Georgia Museum of Agriculture copes with COVID
- UPDATE: Tifton police seek suspect in shooting
- Tifton teen wins state pageant
- Tift reports seven new COVID-19 cases Sunday
- Tift reports 46 new COVID-19 cases in three-day period
- Chamber welcomes Gather Creative Studio DIY
- 'Keep 'Em Warm' coat drive kicks off
Joseph "Scott" Lindsey, 56, of the West Berrien Community passed away Saturday, November 21, 2020, at Memorial Satilla Health in Waycross. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Bowen-Donaldson Home for Funerals.