TIFTON -- Dixie Hopkins of Tifton has been awarded a $1,000 Chick-fil-A Leadership Scholarship as the program marks 30 years of recognizing restaurant employees who excel in the areas of leadership, academics and community involvement.
Employed by Operator David Pettis at the free-standing Chick-Fil-A restaurant here, Hopkins is the 15th scholarship winner. She is pursuing a nursing degree at Abraham Baldwin College.
"As an operator, it is gratifying to see my employees continue in personal and educational growth," Pettis said. "Hopkins is a valued member of an exceptional team which strives to provide exceptional customer service and a quality dining experience."
The program has awarded more than $18.5 million in scholarships nationwide since its inception three years ago.
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- SEAGLE: Ornamental grasses add color, form in curb appeal
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Gov. Kemp touts cotton, election law
- Tift reports one virus death
- Tift reports one virus case
- Blue Devils keep going, defeat Lee 5-1
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
REDDING [mdash] Charles Emory Parrish, age 79, passed away peacefully on October 1, 2020 with his daughter by his side. He was born in Florida and grew up in Tifton, Georgia to Lois and Tom Parrish. He joined the Navy in 1964. During his service he earned four medals and was deployed to Viet…