ASHBURN -- A single-car accident resulted in the death of a Florida man Saturday.
John Edward Lowell of Melbourne, Fla., died around 11:50 a.m. Saturday after the car he was riding in flipped several times on Interstate 75, two-tenths of a mile south of Exit 82. Lowell was a passenger in a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer driven by his wife, Marjorie R. Lowell of Melbourne.
According to an Ashburn Police Department report, the Lowells were traveling north on the Interstate and attempted to cross over from the express lane to the slow lane, but Marjorie Lowell lost control of the vehicle.
The Mercury traveled about 243 feet either on its side or rolling. The vehicle toppled over several times before leaving the roadway and striking a group of pine trees.
The Mercury came to a rest on its side, facing south, after the couple had been traveling north.
No charges were filed after the accident.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Ewing house named Beauty Spot
- Tifton's Best Running coming soon
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Blue Devils announce 2021 football schedule
- TCHS senior prom location changed
- Another region tennis title for Berrien
- Resurfacing project set for 2nd Street
- South Georgia reacts to verdict in George Floyd case
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
ADEL [mdash] Mrs. Laura Bryan Moore of Adel, Georgia, passed away on April 21, 2021 at the Southwell Health and Rehabilitation in Adel. Mrs. Moore was born in Cook County to the late Joseph Coffee Bryan and Susan Arie Lou Hester Bryan where she had lived most of her life. She was a homemaker…