District Attorney Paul Bowden presented a program on child abuse awareness to the Tifton Judicial Circuit Bar Association for their April meeting. Bowden said that 1,385 cases were reported in the Tifton Circuit this year and that 479, or 34 percent, of those were substantiated.
Child abuse is any mistreatment or neglect of a child that results in non-accidental harm or injury and which cannot be reasonably explained. Child abuse can include physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect.
The Tifton Bar was urged to make public service announcements about child abuse and to support the local council of child abuse prevention.
Bowden also encouraged members to report suspected child abuse to the Department of Family and Children Services (DFCS) at 386-3622. Bowden said that those who report abuse to DFCS would remain anonymous.
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- SEAGLE: Ornamental grasses add color, form in curb appeal
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Gov. Kemp touts cotton, election law
- Tift reports one virus death
- Tift reports one virus case
- Rush Propst saga plagues storied Valdosta Wildcat football program
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
REDDING [mdash] Charles Emory Parrish, age 79, passed away peacefully on October 1, 2020 with his daughter by his side. He was born in Florida and grew up in Tifton, Georgia to Lois and Tom Parrish. He joined the Navy in 1964. During his service he earned four medals and was deployed to Viet…