Tift County School Board Chairman Richard Golden has been arrested and charged with aggravated assault and criminal damage to property after an incident Tuesday afternoon when he allegedly shot a man's car several times that he found on his property. Read more about this story in Thursday edition's of The Tifton Gazette.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Council weighs changes in Tifton Housing Authority after girl's death
- Rural Georgia county mirrors razor-thin divide between DNC, GOP victory
- Tara Grinstead case drags on 15 years after disappearance
- Tift County names football players of the week
- UPDATE: Tifton man charged with murder in death of 9-year-old girl
- Tift reports 18 new COVID-19 cases in past two days
- Georgia Power donates $5,000 to ABAC Foundation
- Volleyball to play Saturday at 3 p.m.
- Tift county leader tapped by Kemp as Deputy Commissioner of Rural Georgia
- Beckham named director of Legacy Village
ALMA [mdash]William Dennis Cromer, age 71, of Alma passed away suddenly on Sunday, October 18, 2020 at the Bacon County Hospital. He was born in Tifton, Georgia on April 20, 1949 to James Presley Cromer and Margaret LeSeur Cromer. Besides his parents he was preceded in death by two brothers,…