TIFTON -- A Tifton police officer found an injured man lying in the middle of an intersection Saturday, but the man would not tell the officer what had happened.
At about 1:54 a.m. Saturday, as Tifton Police Officer Jared Godwin was filling out a report on a separate incident, a man pulled up and told him that someone was lying in the middle of Woodlawn Avenue. Godwin investigated and found the man at the intersection of Woodlawn Avenue and Elm Street.
Godwin said the man, John Mason, 51, had a busted head and swollen right eye. Godwin also said that Mason had a $20 bill in his hand as if he were trying to protect it.
When asked what happened, Mason first said he would not tell and then he said he did not know. Emergency Medical Services were called and Mason was transported to Tift Regional Medical Center for treatment.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- S.Ga. drug bust nets Tift suspect
- Tift schools extend yellow designation
- Tift reports 16 new COVID-19 cases Saturday
- Oral arguments on Grinstead case appeal planned for Tuesday
- Tift reports 16 new COVID-19 cases Sunday
- Panthers rally to defeat Brookwood
- Tifton's McGriff hired by the University of Florida
- Gold Star marker placed in Veteran's Park
- Blue Devils split at Camden County
- Stables apartment complex sold
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.