TIFTON -- An Albany man was attacked and robbed outside of a South Tifton bar about 1 a.m. Thursday.
Stephen Pardue, 42, of Albany, was walking to his car outside Santos' Bar when he was attacked by two men. One beat him over the head repeatedly with a beer bottle, while the other man punched Pardue with his fists. Pardue fell to the ground and a wallet containing $150 was taken.
Later, Terrell Lamar Watson, 26, of Tifton, was charged with armed robbery by the Tifton Police Department in connection with the incident. Watson was also charged with possession, manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance.
Pardue received lacerations to the head and face in the attack. He was treated and released from Tift Regional Medical Center.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- S.Ga. drug bust nets Tift suspect
- Tifton's McGriff hired by the University of Florida
- Tift County Schools extend yellow designation
- Stables apartment complex sold
- Tift reports virus death Friday
- Tift reports 16 new COVID-19 cases Saturday
- Oral arguments on Grinstead case appeal planned for Tuesday
- Tift reports virus death, 24 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday
- Panthers rally to defeat Brookwood
- Tift-Turner basketball games canceled
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
TIFTON [mdash] Betty Rose Shivers Sumner, 87, of Tifton passed away Saturday, January 9, 2021, at Tift Regional Medical Center. A graveside funeral service will be held for Mrs. Sumner at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at Leila United Methodist Church Cemetery in Omega, where she wil…