GAINESVILLE -- An ABAC sophomore is dead an another in a coma after a wreck during the weekend in rural Hall county, according to troopers with the Georgia State Patrol, GSP.
Ryan David Wagner, 19, of Gainesville, Ga. died Saturday when the vehicle he was riding in ran off of Thompson Bridge Road and rolled several times.
Another student, James Lee Thigpen, who was also driving the vehicle, was airlifted to North Fulton Regional Hospital in Atlanta where he remains in critical condition.
According to accident reports filed by the GSP, Thigpen was driving north on Thompson Bridge Road in a 1992 Honda Accord when it ran off of the right shoulder of the road. Thigpen tried to compensate, hit an embankment, went airborne and hit a tree.
Wagner was not wearing a seat belt when the crash occurred and is believed to have been in the back seat of the car at the time of accident.
No charges have been made and according to the Gainesville Times. Investigators are unsure whether or not alcohol or drugs where a factor in the accident.
Funeral services for Wagner are scheduled for 3 p.m. today at Holly Springs Baptist Church in Gainesville.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tifton man gets prison for bank robbery
- Tifton Foodie schedules restaurant job fair
- Ewing house named Beauty Spot
- Lowndes defeats Tift in doubleheader, clinches region
- Legendary basketball coach Cliff Ranew dies
- Film industry boon for Tift tourism
- Tift reports one virus death
- Resurfacing project set for 2nd Street
- Tift reports one virus case
- Rush Propst saga plagues storied Valdosta Wildcat football program
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
REDDING [mdash] Charles Emory Parrish, age 79, passed away peacefully on October 1, 2020 with his daughter by his side. He was born in Florida and grew up in Tifton, Georgia to Lois and Tom Parrish. He joined the Navy in 1964. During his service he earned four medals and was deployed to Viet…