TIFTON -- Nominations are now being accepted for the awards presented annually by the ABAC Alumni Association at Homecoming 2005 at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College. Homecoming will take place this year from March 31 to April 2.
All awards are based on professional achievement, community service, and service to the college. Anyone who has attended ABAC for one full year and has 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours of credit is eligible for nomination.
Nomination forms can be obtained by contacting the ABAC Alumni Office at (229) 391-4898 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by logging on to www.abac.edu/alumni and clicking on the "Alumni Award Nominations" link.
Completed nominations can be mailed to the ABAC Alumni Office, ABAC 13, 2802 Moore Highway, Tifton, GA 31793-2601, or returned as an e-mail attachment no later than Feb. 15.
The awards will be presented at the Homecoming Awards Luncheon on April 2. Nominations should provide specific details about the person being nominated. Nominations can be made by alumni, friends, family members, or ABAC faculty and staff.
"The awards program is the Alumni Association's way of recognizing individuals who have excelled in their professions and in their service to the community," said Nancy Coleman, ABAC's Director of Alumni Relations. "Some years the award winners are well-known, and some years those who work quietly behind the scenes are recognized. By bringing distinction to themselves, these alumni bring distinction to ABAC."
For more information about the nomination process, contact Coleman at (229) 391-4898, or e-mail her at email@example.com. Following is a brief description of the alumni awards.
- The Master Farmer Award recognizes individuals who earn at least two-thirds of their income from some area of farming.
- The Branch Award for Outstanding Agri-Leader recognizes individuals who are engaged in some area of agriculture other than farming, which includes, but is not limited to, research, extension, education, and sales.
- The Outstanding Educator Award honors people who have dedicated their lives to some area of education on any level. Recipients can be active or retired.
- The Outstanding Health Care Professional Award is presented to individuals in any area of health care, including physicians, nurses, therapists, pharmacists, dentists, and other health care professionals.
- The Outstanding Business Leader Award recognizes people who have excelled in some area of business.
- The Distinguished Alumnus Award, the highest honor presented by the Alumni Association, recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions to society, regardless of their profession.
- The Outstanding Young Alumnus Award is presented to alumni 35 and under who show potential for making exceptional contributions in their careers and communities.
- The Sasser Award (formerly known as the Master Homemaker Award) recognizes individuals who are making significant contributions to promoting home and family, either personally or professionally. This award is not restricted to full-time homemakers or to those who majored in family and consumer sciences (home economics).
- The Honorary Alumnus Award honors individuals who did not attend ABAC, but who have made profound contributions to the success of the college. Past recipients have included current and past faculty and staff, donors who have made significant financial contributions, and government officials.
- The ABAC Family Legacy Award honors a family that epitomizes the family spirit ABAC is famous for, has had two or more generations (five or more family members) attend ABAC, and has made contributions for the betterment of the college, Alumni Association, or ABAC Foundation.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
- Tift County Food Scores
- Tift teen killed in accident
- Worth the weight: Blue Devils football players earn powerlifting awards
- Tift Middle Blue Devils win state wrestling title
- Tift reports virus death, 400-plus new cases
- County OKs rezoning for concrete company
- Mary O's restaurant honors namesake
- Middle school wrestling team to host state championship Saturday
- Saturday's Tift County basketball games canceled
- TRMC closes 20th Street lobby
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
TIFTON [mdash] Roger Mitchell Goode, 64, of Tifton passed away Monday, January 10, 2022, at his residence. A graveside funeral service was held for Mr. Goode at 2:00 p.m. Thursday, January 13, 2022, at Tift Memorial Gardens, where he was laid to rest. The Rev. Michael Marchant officiated. Bo…
ALBANY [mdash] GySgt John Lee Hughes, 85, of Albany, peacefully passed away on Monday morning, January 17, 2022. Funeral services will be conducted at 11:00 a.m., Thursday, January 20, 2022, in the chapel of Hall and Hall Funeral Home. Visitation will be held one hour before the service. Fol…
Harry Brewer, 87, of Tifton passed away Monday, January 17, 2022, at Tift Regional Medical Center. Among his survivors is his wife, Norma A. Brewer of Tifton. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Bowen-Donaldson Home for Funerals.