Protesters in downtown Atlanta clash with police outside of the CNN Center on May 29.
As featured on
ATLANTA — What started as hundreds of peaceful protestors marching the streets of Atlanta turned into a clash with police.
ATLANTA — In response to the spark of violent protests in downtown Atlanta Friday night, the mayor ordered a 9 p.m. curfew until sunrise Sunday.
ATLANTA — On Sunday night, under the glow of the Ferris wheel and with the lingering sting of tear gas in the air, Farees Kaleemah extended his hand to an Atlanta police officer.
This Week's Circulars
- Coach Vickers comes home
- Filling the Gap: Community comes together to feed kids
- Exchange Club selects Hughes as Officer of the Year
- Tift County 4-H’er wins Georgia 4-H Dean’s Award
- Take simple steps to protect each other
- Jones named Art Citizen of the Year
- County details Service Delivery proposal
- Tift Community Players presents ‘Pippin' in the park
- Salvation army handing out milk at Milk A Palooza
- Birthday Wish: VHS baseball’s Justin Rome officially signs with ABAC
PATMOS [mdash] Jean Carolyn Slusmeyer, 80, of Leary was welcomed into the arms of her Lord and Savior on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at her residence in Leary. Graveside funeral services will be 10:00 a.m. Friday, July 3 at Patmos Freewill Baptist Church Cemetery (1165 GA Hwy 216, Leary, GA). Re…
PONCE INLET [mdash] Harris N. "Sonny" Gibbs was welcomed to his heavenly home on June 6, 2020. Mr. Gibbs passed away at his home in Ponce Inlet, FL while in care of his family and hospice. Sonny was born in Cordele, GA to Judy and Lloyd Gibbs on August 6, 1942. Both of his parents are deceas…
Helen Mae Womack Green passed away on Monday June 29, 2020 in Marietta, GA. She was born in Dooly County, Georgia in 1923 to James O. Womack and Minnie Lee Allen Womack. She was one of nine children including Ruth Womack Eaton, James Womack, Edwin Womack, Louise Womack Hall, Margaret Womack …