TIFTON — Colony Bank recently announce that its Tifton branch has named eight local community leaders to a newly created community advisory board.
“Our mission is to be the best community bank in our market,” said Mike Davis, Tifton market president.
“Adding top talent across all areas is paramount to that mission, and we are very pleased to be able to establish a Community Advisory Board comprised of accomplished leaders who have built and led successful businesses and high-performing teams,” he added.
“The seven members joining me on the Board have deep community ties, a wealth of knowledge and experience coupled with diverse backgrounds and a commitment to building long-term relationships – assets that will be invaluable in our bank’s continued growth and success. We are grateful to these board members for their commitment of time and expertise to helping shape the future direction of Colony Bank in Tifton.”
Members named to the board include:
• John M. (Butch) Davis is a lifelong member of the Tift County community with more than 50 years of banking experience, including serving as president, chief executive officer and chairman of a local bank.
• Lynn Lovett has served for more than 40 years as area manager for Georgia Power Company.
• Mike Davis, recently named Colony Bank’s market president for Tifton, is a third-generation banker with two decades of banking experience.
• M.J. Hall, an entrepreneur and lifelong Tifton resident, is dedicated to community service and extremely active in the growth and success of Tifton and Tift County.
• Jason Womack and his family, successful business owners and operators for many years, have been involved in everything from ball field design and construction to turf grass and row crop production.
• Joe Pope is a co-owner of Century 21, Smith, Branch and Pope, one of the most successful real estate agencies in South Georgia.
• Dr. Shawn Utley, with over 30 years in many different aspects of Education from high school coaching to Technical College administration, has a true passion for the advancement of people through education.
• Brendon Shiver and his wife Ashley are the owner and operators of Shiver Carts, one of the Nation’s largest dealers and servicers of EZ Go Golf carts.