TIFTON — The Tifton City Council approved a millage rate rollback at its July 20 meeting.
City Manager Pete Pyrzenski said the new rate is 9.726, down from 9.731.
“As far as our tax digest it’s very, very stable,” he said. “We’ve had some growth but it’s just at $1,000.”
The council awarded a $530,835.33 bid for street resurfacing to East Coast Asphalt. Since the bid came in approximately $100,000 under budget, the council authorized Pyrzenski to negotiate for additional roads to be included in the resurfacing list for this year.
The roads on the list include:
• Lakeview Drive from 44th Street to the dead end
• Lee Avenue from 22nd Street to 24th Street
• 46th Street from Lakeview Drive to Carmichael Drive
• 28th Street from Tift Avenue to Goff Street
• Murray Avenue from Fulwood Road to Willingham Street
• King Street from Baldwin Drive to Fulwood Boulevard
• Carolina Drive from 8th Street to Fulwood Boulevard
• Georgia Drive from Tennessee Drive to Magnolia Drive
• 26th Street from Ridge Avenue to Wilson Avenue, from Hall Avenue to Emory Avenue and from Murray Avenue to Hall Avenue
• Lindsey from Goff Street to Tyson Avenue
• 16th Street from Love Avenue to Park Avenue
• Ferrylake from Goff Street to Belmont Avenue
• Davis Avenue from 6th Street to 8th Street
• 10th Street from Wilson Avenue to Murray Avenue
• Timmons Avenue from HWY 82 to Magnolia Drive
• Victory Drive from 2nd Street to 3rd Street
• Central Avenue from Hwy 82 to 17th Street
• 13th Street from Central Avenue to Ridge Avenue
• Tift Avenue from 2nd Street to Hwy 82
The council also approved a consent agenda, which included:
• Approving changes to the board appointment policy;
• Approving the contract with Charles Abbot Associates for building inspection and plan review services;
• Approving applications for alcohol licenses for Your Pie, located at 2201 US Hwy 41 N., and the Route 82 Truck Stop, located at 306 E. 5th St; and
• Awarding the wastewater plant digester clean-out to Synagro for $594,029.