TIFTON — Stacey Bernard Sims, 19, of Norman Park, is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday for a pre-trial hearing ordered by Gary McCorvey, Chief Judge of Superior Courts for the Tifton Judicial Circuit. Sims is charged with the deaths of six Hispanic men and the assault of four others during a bloody crime spree that took place at three Tift County trailer parks in September 2005. Read more in Tuesday's Gazette.
This Week's Circulars
- Tift school board OKs vaccine incentive plan
- New doctor plans to honor director's legacy
- Martin settling in new role of athletic director
- Tift reports three virus deaths
- Tift County Food Scores
- Bateman picks up stats in first NFL appearance
- Not Fighting Alone: Breast cancer survivor shares her experience
- Vikings bottled on ground, but win over Tift in region opener
- Lady Panthers do it all on the field, sweep their way to state softball finals
- Tift, Turner residents linked to drug trafficking
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
HAINES CITY [mdash] Mary Lena Green Mayberry A host of angels escorted Mary Lena Green Mayberry to her heavenly home on September 27, 2021. Born in Wray, Georgia on November 5, 1929, to Lilliana and Charles Green, Mary graduated from Ocilla High School, received her BA in education from Tift…
LENOX [mdash] Mrs. Renee Cannington, 64 of Lenox passed away Tuesday, October 12, 2021 from injuries sustained from an automobile accident. Renee was born May 17, 1957 in Warner Robins, GA. She had worked as a medical transcriptionist at Tift Regional Medical Center. Renee was a member of th…