Tift County's Bailee Williams is a scratch on her third shot put attempt at the Anthony Bateman Invitational at TCHS on March 11, 2023, but the effort wowed the crowd. Coach Julie Conner asked for a measurement out of curiosity and had Williams' throw counted, it would have been more than 43 feet. Williams' previous shot puts on the day had both been more than 39 feet.
...FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM EDT /1 AM CDT/ TO 9 AM EDT /8 AM CDT/ MONDAY... * WHAT...Sub-freezing temperatures as low as 28 expected. * WHERE...Portions of southeast Alabama, the Big Bend and Panhandle of Florida, and south central and southwest Georgia. * WHEN...From 2 AM EDT /1 AM CDT/ to 9 AM EDT /8 AM CDT/ Monday. * IMPACTS...Frost and freeze conditions will kill crops, other sensitive vegetation and possibly damage unprotected outdoor plumbing. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold. To prevent freezing and possible bursting of outdoor water pipes they should be wrapped, drained, or allowed to drip slowly. Those that have in-ground sprinkler systems should drain them and cover above- ground pipes to protect them from freezing &&
Bailee Williams awes crowd with shot put
- Becky Taylor/The Tifton Gazette
This Week's Circulars
- Tift County Food Scores
- Turner Titans commit to Columbus State
- County: Juneteenth replaces Good Friday as paid holiday
- Brooks' walk-off sac fly completes Tift region sweep
- Tifton author releasing children’s book
- All-Region honors to Conner, Cushion
- City reviews Mill Ridge townhome project
- Southwell awards associates
- Ga. Mrs. U.S. Agriculture: ABAC alum wins 2023 pageant
- County approves solar farm
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.