The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
- Newest ribbon cuttings are sweet
- ABAC to honor Cordell, Spinks
- Tifton woman charged with murder
- Tifton shooting probed as homicide
- National Weather Service tracking strong thunderstorm in Tifton
- Gaither celebrates 100th birthday
- Museum hosts turpentine still exhibit
- Youngblood sets plans for auxiliary services
- Tifton man charged with voluntary manslaughter
- Phillipsburg readies students for school
Keaton Loyd, 17, of Sumner passed away Monday. Services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Sunday, at Ty Ty First Baptist Church The family will receive friends on Saturday from 6-8 p.m. in the Chapel of Bowen-Donaldson Home for Funerals.
Ira H. "Knocker" Gibbs, 71, of Tifton passed away Monday, July 19, 2021, at Regency Hospital in Macon. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Bowen-Donaldson Home for Funerals.