Tift County High’s Blue Devil Brigade senior band members were recognized at the annual band banquet recently at the Church of God Campgrounds. Rickey Savage was honored for 26 years of service to the Tift County band program. The booster organization awarded him with an American flag that was flown last Dec. 7 at the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, for the 70th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Last Dec. 7 was also the day the Blue Devil Brigade won the Grand Championship title at the Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade. At the banquet, it was announced that the Rickey L. Savage Scholar Award will be given each year to the senior brigade member with the highest academic average. There were 280 students, parents and guests present at the Hawaiian-themed banquet.
This Week's Circulars
- Tift reports three virus deaths
- Tifton woman appointed to state board
- Bateman picks up stats in first NFL appearance
- Vikings bottled on ground, but win over Tift in region opener
- Valdosta man charged in Cook child's death
- Lady Panthers do it all on the field, sweep their way to state softball finals
- Tift County Food Scores
- Meet the Candidates: Tifton City Council candidates in their own words
- Georgia's Own cuts ribbon
- Tift school board OKs vaccine incentive plan
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
HAINES CITY [mdash] Mary Lena Green Mayberry A host of angels escorted Mary Lena Green Mayberry to her heavenly home on September 27, 2021. Born in Wray, Georgia on November 5, 1929, to Lilliana and Charles Green, Mary graduated from Ocilla High School, received her BA in education from Tift…