• A woman reported Monday that someone entered the repo lot on East Second Street by cutting a hole in the north side of the lot’s fence. Once inside, the offender entered an unlocked vehicle and took a car stereo/CD player valued at $300 and a speaker box valued at $200. The report states that the offender also tried to take rims and tires from a nearby vehicle but was unsuccessful with obtaining them.
• A man reported Tuesday that someone entered his property on South Central Avenue and took one Kenwood window air conditioning unit valued at approximately $650.
TIFTON POLICE DEPT.
James Byron Ferguson, 22, 1810 Wilson Ave., was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana and a safety restraint violation.
Hieu Nguyen, 37, 4616 Field Creek Drive, was charged Tuesday with possession of cocaine and driving with a suspended or revoked license.
William Paul Rhodes, 63, 170 Margaret Ave., Lenox, was charged Tuesday with DUI and an open container violation.
Stetson Teal, 17, 225 Clifton Drive, Moultrie, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
GEORGIA STATE PATROL
Scott Bryan Milliones, 36, 46 Albert Sumner Road, was charged Tuesday with DUI, missing or inoperative tail/tag lights, an open container violation and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
- Local News
Breathe Run set for March 16
The second annual Breathe Run & Family Fun Day will be held March 16 at Heritage Church in Moultrie, from 3 to 6 p.m.Continued ...
The run will benefit Breathe Ministry at the church, which works with special needs children and adults from all over South Georgia. All proceeds from the event will be used to purchase a handicap-accessible van for use by Breathe.
- No furlough day for teachers
- Burglary reports take up time of local law enforcement
- Benson qualifies for State Court Judge
- Things are looking peachy for Georgia's 2nd biggest crop
- Breathe Run set for March 16
- Local Sports
Panthers rally but can't top Valwood
The Tiftarea Academy Panthers had a late comeback, but their bats could not warm up enough as they were defeated 9-4 by the Valwood Valiants on a chilly Friday night.
- Buddy Nobles is new head Irwin County head football coach
- Devils down to their final game
- Tucker’s team first to go to state finals
- Wilkinson wins over Turner County
- Panthers rally but can't top Valwood
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda