William A. “Bill” Gamaras of Gastonia, N.C., formerly of Ashburn, died Friday, Nov. 9, 2012 in Gastonia, N.C. Graveside funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Rose Hill Cemetery in Ashburn. The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 tonight at Perry Funeral Chapel. Mr. Gamaras is survived by his son, Stephen A. Gamaras of Cramerton, N.C., and a sister, Pat Hanson of Jasper. The complete obituary will follow at a later date. Perry Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
- Local News
Trees headed to troops in time for the holidays
The first pickup of Christmas trees at the Brumby and White Christmas Tree Farm Thursday morning for the Trees for Troops program was a success as volunteers helped cut, bale, tag and load the trees to be delivered to designated pickup points throughout the area.
- Carpenter Road church’s annual live nativity set for Dec. 13, 14
- Hometown Holidays: Where to go...What to do
- Get Affordable Care answers at free event
- Wrong way flight leads to arrest
- Trees headed to troops in time for the holidays
- Local Sports
Antwuane Merritt (7) stiff-arms Johnson County QB/DB Markel Horne (9) during a run in last Friday’s quarterfinals game.
Merritt is Irwin County’s heart and soul
After an Irwin County Indian home football game this year, the coaches gathered and talked. A lot of the talk centered around the comment, “No. 7 played well tonight.”
- Kiwanis Run For The Kids
- Tidal Wave swimmers excel at St. Petersburg meet
- Area teams have had good fortune in semis
- Cook moves to AAAA, 1-AAAAAA welcomes Lee Co.
- Merritt is Irwin County’s heart and soul
Letter to the Editor – Hands On Tifton a success because of volunteers, donors
The first annual Hands on Tifton day of service was incredible, but knowing the people of Tifton and how they care about this community, it was no surprise. There were 17 or so projects that were initiated or completed Nov. 16.
- Rants & Raves - December 6
- Rants & Raves - December 5
- Send the snipers to the unemployment line
- Rants & Raves - December 4
- Letter to the Editor – Hands On Tifton a success because of volunteers, donors
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda