William A. “Bill” Gamaras of Gastonia, N.C., formerly of Ashburn, died Friday, Nov. 9, 2012 in Gastonia, N.C. Graveside funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Rose Hill Cemetery in Ashburn. The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 tonight at Perry Funeral Chapel. Mr. Gamaras is survived by his son, Stephen A. Gamaras of Cramerton, N.C., and a sister, Pat Hanson of Jasper. The complete obituary will follow at a later date. Perry Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
- Local News
Accident claims life, driver arrested
A motor vehicle accident involving a pedestrian early Friday morning resulted in a local man's death.Continued ...
According to a motor vehicle accident report filed at the Tifton Police Department, shortly after 8 a.m., a female witness said she was eastbound in the right lane on U.S. Highway 82 behind a white 2008 Chevrolet Silverado, which was being driven by 26-year-old Riley Jake Hulsey of Alapaha, when they stopped for a red light at U.S. Highway 41 (South Main Street).
- Having some ‘egg-celent’ fun
- Benefit cookout to be held in Omega
- Museum to offer summer camps for kids
- Special Olympics Friday
- Accident claims life, driver arrested
- Local Sports
Devils to dine on Coffee and Crisp
Big games and a big trip. Life takes an exciting turn over the next few days for the Diamond Devils of Tift County High. They start with a doubleheader this afternoon at 4:30 with the Coffee Trojans. Two days later, they will sliding into bases at Turner Field.
- Lady Panthers gouge GCS, 7-1
- Nashville hosts 5th annual Tyler Carter Memorial Duathlon
- McMinn, Beier shut down Glenwood
- Panthers ready for region track championships
- Devils to dine on Coffee and Crisp
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda