TIFTON — ESMS students Abbi Toews and Kaelyn Morgan recently attended GMEA District 2 Honor Band. In order to be selected for this event, students had to audition in December. The audition consisted of five sets of scales which had to be memorized, a prepared etude, and a sight-reading etude. The student’s performances were scored by district band directors and the highest scoring students were selected to attend the Honor Band clinic in Norman Park. These students worked very hard to get here and we are very proud of them!
- Local News
Internship offers ‘life-changing’ experience for local students
A six-week internship program with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is having a life-changing impact on high school students statewide.Continued ...
Nikki Vellidis, a rising senior at Tift County High School, admits to being surprised by the information she was able to learn during her second year in the Young Scholars Program.
- United Way celebrates 50th anniversary
- Teen struck by vehicle Saturday
- Woods wins runoff for state super – pending another recount
- Trail 37: Sipping wine at Still Pond and Horse Creek
- Internship offers ‘life-changing’ experience for local students
- Local Sports
John Gamble (right) is joined by John Reid at the Tiftarea YMCA Saturday.
Rosters, voodoo doctors topics at Kickoff to Men’s Health
In addition to the local football coaches speaking Saturday at the Tift Regional Medical Center's Men's Health Event at the YMCA, three others from the area also spoke, Buddy Nobles of Irwin County, John Gamble of Turner County and Jason Strickland of Fitzgerald. Discussions ranged from the more conventional topics of scrimmages and rosters to stranger mentions of voodoo doctors.
- Worth Rams ready to don the pads
- Carhartt Bassmaster team championship to air on ESPNU
- Panthers gain additional home contest in 2014
- Column: Of football schedules and solutions for world peace
- Rosters, voodoo doctors topics at Kickoff to Men’s Health
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda